Gift giving is an act that can show that you are thankful, loving and Caring. Giving and receiving is the purest of reasons to give gifts. The receiver will truly feel your gratitude when you give gifts for elevating happiness and well-being.
They have found that giving gifts is a surprisingly complex and important part of human interaction, helping to define relationships and strengthen bonds with family and friends. Indeed, psychologists say it is often the giver, rather than the recipient, who reaps the biggest psychological gains from a gift.
- Stay organized. Keep a calendar of important dates: birthdays, holidays (specifically, Valentine’s Day), special events, and anniversaries.
- Be realistic about how long it will take to buy a gift and ship it to loved ones if they live far away.
- Once you’re ready to start shopping, make a list of your giftee’s characteristics, favorite things, and inside jokes that you share. Make it personal and unique.
- Take your list and get on internet to buy it. Make it easy for you. The gift-giving process doesn’t have to turn into a mad dash to fulfill your yearly holiday requirements. Being thoughtful doesn’t have to be difficult. It just takes a little planning and some attention to your friends’ and family members’ interests. So, in reality, thoughtful gift giving can make you a better person and you can get bonus points with your loved ones. There is absolutely no reason to not give thoughtful gifts!
- Once you have your gift, write a note. You can reference a specific memory from the past year or tell them how much they mean to you, but always include a card. Wait for our “send a card with your handwriting online” Soon